Alan has over 30 years of public accounting experience and has worked with commercial real estate clients throughout his career. He has extensive experience in corporate, partnership and multi-state tax matters.
Alan's client base includes builders, developers, institutional investors, REITs and foreign syndicators. He advises clients on numerous occasions on the structure of real estate transactions including financing, cash flow analysis and partnership formation. He also works with clients to minimize state taxes and advises clients on efficient tax structures in connection with the sale of business units. Alan also heads up HA&W Cost Recovery Partners, LLC, the firm’s cost segregation practice.
He is the firm's executive vice president and serves on the board of HA&W, LLP.
He earned his BBA degree from Auburn University, and he is licensed to practice in Georgia and New York. His civic and professional involvement includes:
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants; Member of the Professional Ethics Committee 1991 to 2008 (Chair for two years)
- The International Council of Shopping Centers
- The Advisory Board for the School of Accountancy of Auburn University
- Board Member, Southeast Chapter of the Real Estate Investment Advisory Council
- Trustee, Atlanta Tax Forum