As cyber breaches continue to make front-page news, how confident are you that your company’s intellectual property, employee records and customer data are safe and secure? Cyber risk is a C-level issue, and CEOs should take control of their cyber risk management.
HA&W partners with CEOs and their organizations to provide a sustainable approach to effective information risk management. We work closely with our clients’ internal teams to help them understand all relevant cyber-related risks, deploy strong risk management programs and develop reporting to meet the most demanding requirements of their domestic and international customers.
Comprehensive cyber risk management
Through our comprehensive information risk management methodology, HA&W enables executives to take control of cyber security and protect what matters most.
1. Risk analysis. We begin with a thorough understanding of your company’s “digital assets”— critical groupings of data and processes that could harm the business if they were compromised. Working side-by-side with your technical and business leaders, we uncover the most significant risks to these valuable information assets.
2. Gap assessment. Next, we determine whether current risk management activities are appropriate given your company’s risk appetite and tolerance. We measure your activities against relevant aspects of leading security standards, such as ISO 27001.
3. Risk management. By focusing on the value at risk, we enable you to maintain baseline information security controls that protect the majority of data and systems while selectively investing in advanced security measures to protect higher-value digital assets.
4. Ongoing monitoring and attestation. After establishing this thorough understanding of your digital assets’ relative value and risks, we deliver independent and objective attestation reporting to provide an added level of assurance that controls are operating effectively. Our monitoring and attestation services include:
- PCI DSS
- ISO 27001
- Agreed Upon Procedures
- Internal Audit Co-Sourcing
We elevate your security program from a compliance-based approach to an ongoing risk management program that protects the integrity of the business and keeps you ahead of the ever-changing threat environment.
HA&W Information Assurance Services (IAS) is a practice of HA&W, LLP, an independent, CPA and professional services firm. We are performing this engagement as an independent professional service provider. We are aware of no relationships between the partners of HA&W, LLP or the IAS engagement team with the Company's management, shareholders, board members or fiduciaries that would impair our independence. HA&W conducts new client acceptance procedures for the firm, and relative to potential new IAS clients, IAS management does not participate in the decision making in order to maintain our independence.
Our fees are not contingent upon our findings or conclusions in any way. Although we will consider input provided by you and the Company, and where appropriate, by parties related to the Company and the Company's advisors, we will perform our analysis independently and will arrive at our own conclusions. Our independence is essential to maintaining the credibility of our analysis and conclusions.