Bob’s extensive knowledge of tax planning solutions make him the ideal business advisor to save you valuable tax dollars. Bob has 30 years of experience in taxation and estate planning. Just recently, Bob helped a client save $2.6 million by taking advantage of the research and development credit, an increase from the $1.8 million he saved them last year.
Within the firm, Bob is a former executive committee member, helping further develop staff and partners. He is an accredited Personal Financial Specialist, designation through AICPA, as well as an Accredited Estate Planner. Bob has authored articles, instructed seminars, been featured as an expert on radio and television shows, spoken on numerous topics including buying and selling a business in Georgia, limited liability companies and limited liability partnerships, estate and gift tax planning, Roth IRA conversions and individual income topics. Bob is the co-author of FOR GEORGIA DOCTORS: Fresh Ideas on Asset Protection, Tax, Practice Planning, Wealth Accumulation and Estate Planning (published July 2011).
A graduate of the University of Georgia, Bob has a Bachelor of Business Administration and a Master of Taxation.
Bob is a frequent presenter on financial topics. Recent presentations include:
- Start-Ups & Early Stage Companies: Panelist (September 1, 2011)
- Atlanta Medical Association: Speaker on Year-end Tax Planning (November 2012)
- NPR 90.1 FM: Radio interview on Georgia payroll tax increase in 2013 (January 2013)
Bob is involved in numerous professional organizations including:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants, Past President-Atlanta chapter
- National Association of Estate Planners & Councils
- Board and Treasurer of the Georgia Charter Schools Association
- Atlanta Estate Planning Council - Past President