Robert is regarded by the marketplace as one of the top tax accountants for individuals and families. He is known for his deep experience in the areas of estate administration, charitable giving planning, wealth transfer and overall income tax planning that affects high-net-worth individuals and fiduciary clients. Robert also advises complex, family-owned real estate companies on tax matters.
Robert earned his undergraduate degree in accounting from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He graduated with honors from the University of Texas in Austin, receiving a master’s degree in professional accounting with an emphasis in taxation. Prior to joining Habif, Arogeti & Wynne, LLP, he was employed as an accountant in the tax department of an international CPA firm in San Francisco. He has taught undergraduate accounting at University of Texas and worked as an editorial consultant.
He participates in many professional and community activities including:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Current Board Chair of the Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta
- Past Board Member and Treasurer of the Weber High School of Atlanta, Emory Hillel, and Jewish Family Services of Atlanta
- Co-Founder and Past Treasurer of the American Israel Chamber of Commerce
- Past Board Member and Interim Chairman of the City of Atlanta License Review Board
- Past Committee Member of the City of Atlanta Police Department Civilian Review Board
- Past Member and Regional Chairman of the UJC National Young Leadership Cabinet
- Past Chair of the Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta Annual Campaign for Community Needs
- Past Member of The Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta Planned Giving Advisory Board
- Past Board Chair of the Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta