Merrill Wynne is a founding partner of Habif, Arogeti & Wynne, LLP and was named the Firm’s first managing partner in 1978. He has more than 40 years of experience working with clients in the healthcare, real estate and retail industries, providing guidance as a sounding board and a trusted business advisor. Through the years Merrill has served as a business consultant to many businesses, bringing innovative solutions to business problems and succession issues they faced.
Merrill specializes in individual, estate, financial and tax planning and has advised numerous clients regarding wealth transfer matters. He is committed to helping his clients develop sound, long-term strategies for wealth management, including careful planning and intergenerational strategies to avoid estate taxes and other inheritance-related issues.
Merrill is a long-time resident of Atlanta, GA and Sarasota, FL and he continues to develop the Firm’s practice in both cities. He is a graduate of the Emory University School of Business Administration. Through the years Merrill has been very involved in the variety of professional and civic organizations and past affiliations that include, past advisor to the boards of the Chattahoochee Bank, The Buckhead Bank, the Riverside Bank, and the Bank of North Georgia/Synovus Financial Group, member of the Davis Academy Board of Trustees, committee chair with the Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta Planned Giving and Endowment, member of the Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta Board of Trustees, past president and member of the Standard Club of Atlanta Board of Governors and member of the Temple Sinai Board of Trustees.
His current professional, civic and philanthropic involvement includes:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta Board of Trustees
- Jewish Federation of Sarasota-Manatee, Board of Directors
- Jewish Housing Council Foundation Sarasota-Manatee, President
- Gulf Coast Community Foundation, Advisory Board
- Child Protection, Advisory Board
- JoshProvides Epilepsy Assistance Foundation, Board Member and Treasurer