Martin is a partner in HA&W’s Professional Services group where he serves as a strategic advisor, sounding board and “think tank” for his clients. As an advisor to many family-owned businesses, Martin provides guidance on issues concerning business operations, the preservation of individual and corporate net worth and the interrelationship between family members and non-family executives. Martin’s expertise lies in the areas of real estate, development, construction and rental, as well as the retail and restaurant industries.
Martin has extensive experience in corporate, personal and partnership income tax research and compliance and specializes in conservation easements and gift and estate taxes. His deep knowledge of pensions and other retirement planning vehicles allows Martin to advise clients on economically efficient means of providing employee benefits.
Martin received a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from the University of Georgia and a Master of Taxation from Georgia State University. His professional and community affiliations include:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Restaurant Association Board
- Marcus Jewish Community Center, Past Board Member
- Atlanta Franchise Alliance, Past Board Member
- Temple Sinai, Past Board Member
- The Weber School, Board Member