A partner at Habif, Arogeti & Wynne, LLP and a member of the Dispute Resolution Services team, Howard has more than 40 years of experience in forensic accounting, auditing, consulting, taxation, and financial analysis in both industry and the public sector. Over the last 35 years of his career, Howard has worked within a myriad of industries, specializing in complex financial damage matters and insurance loss claims, including:
- lost profits, including business interruption;
- intellectual property damages;
- class action wage & hour disputes;
- broker-dealer disputes;
- construction contract issues and disputes;
- analysis of financial information on potential punitive damage awards;
- review of financial condition relative to motive for arson or fraud;
- review of financial reporting accounting issues;
- internal and external fraud investigations, including employee dishonesty; and
- damages due to third-party product liability claims.
Howard is an author and frequent public speaker and has made presentations for the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA), Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC), Georgia Society of CPAs, ICLE-GA, Property Loss Research Bureau and the Southern Loss Association.
On numerous occasions, Howard has testified as an expert witness in both federal and state jurisdictions, FINRA hearings and has served as an appraiser and umpire in alternative dispute resolution forums.
Howard earned a Bachelor of Science degree cum laude from Long Island University. He is affiliated with the following professional and community organizations.
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant in the States of Georgia, New York, & Florida
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (Current Chair of Education Quality Assurance Board and Former Executive Advisory Board Chair)
- The American Bar Association (Non-Lawyer Affiliate Member)
- The Defense Research Institute (Non-Lawyer Affiliate Member)
- The Southern Loss Association (Life Member)
- William Bremen Jewish Home (Board Secretary)
- Ramah Darom (First Vice President)